Progression

Original portrait

I decided to do this particular blog for a number of reasons. The first being that I wanted to show use of the spatter grain feature in an artistic way(see final example), this feature is something we have just been taught about in class. Secondly I wanted to try something more advanced with my editing skills with a view to using the technique on my final assignment of the year.

Portrait with first attempt at dispersion.
To create this image I followed a short tutorial on Youtube and as a first attempt I don't think I've done too badly.
It takes time and patience to create an image like this at a sophisticated and professional level...something I usually have, but in this instance I probably rushed a little with the excitement of learning a new skill.
I wanted to blog about my first attempt so that I, as well as others can judge my progression once the final assignment is complete. In the meantime I am going to watch other tutorials on this effect and practise some more before producing my final images.

Portrait with dispersion effect & spatter grain 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to InDesign...

Moving image...

Sketchbooking for next years FMP...