Imagining my images in a gallery


Once I had my final images I began to think I about the way the series could be displayed, I decided to use my love for Photoshop to do something I had never done before and create some mock gallery exhibitions involving my own work.

First I created mock ups of what the single images would look like in a gallery environment using royalty free images such as the example below.














I then used a mixture of Topaz Labs and Photoshop to create a realistic interpretation of what my series would look like in a gallery.





To create this I duplicated the main image then used a mask to separate the wall from the foreground of the image. I then placed my own images inside the existing frames in the shot.



For my final gallery mock up I wanted the image to have more going on to convince the viewer they are seeing an actual image of my work in a gallery. I think the reflections off the marble floor helps to sell the illusion.




In the future I hope to have my work exhibited in galleries and different spaces. The technique I have used here could be applied to make informed decisions on how my work is displayed, therefore saving crucial time in the lead up to future exhibitions.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to InDesign...

Moving image...

Sketchbooking for next years FMP...