The 3 proverb challenge...

In lesson we were challenged to create 3 pieces in an hour, the idea was to put our acquired skills to use in the fastest time possible. We were given 1 proverb every 20 minutes and invited to use Yahoo images with the correct rights usage.



The images below are my 3 rough attempts:





















I used the quick sketch booking techniques to roughly get the outline for each image as you can see above. To create these images I used quite a few royalty free photos and due to the nature of sketch booking I was able to make fast decisions on what was working and what was not.

I decided, in my own time to refine one of the ideas (see image below). As you can see I chose to use a completely different cloud scene for my refined image, I then duplicated the image and changed the blend mode to fill the top of the composition. I then chose a different tornado image.  Reasons for using different images for refining can vary, in this instance it was because both the original clouds and tornado were not of a good enough quality when I increased the size. Also the tornado didn't quite fit the scene well enough.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to InDesign...

Moving image...

Sketchbooking for next years FMP...