Editing software compatibility...

When opening Photoshop I came across these alerts which pointed to the fact that the program was changing and potentially wouldn't work on my machine. This got me thinking about digital imaging and the software we use.
In a digital age where everything is constantly shifting due to technological advancements it is important that we learn the ideas on concepts behind what we do and not necessarily the particular software we are using.
In the short time since I have started this course it has been brought to my attention that more and more industry professionals are beginning to use CaptureOne.
It got me wondering if I should make the switch to keep up to date even though I have been progressing my work a lot using Adobe software.
I don't think I will make the change just yet as I can't see Photoshop ceasing to work with Apple products as this would cause a huge uproar. With the thousands of professional and amateur photographers that have thrown lots of money and time at their products it would not make sense for Adobe to annoy their fanbase.
It is worth learning brief areas of other photographic editing software as I may end up working for a photographer who has a preference towards CaptureOne or something similar and it could be useful  to keep flexible within the industry.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving image...

Introduction to InDesign...

Fonts and Typeface