Moving image...





For my latest project, titled 'Reimagined Skies: Blackpool' I have created a piece of moving image to accompany the final images. To do this I have had to learn the art of taking time-lapse images manually (in camera) and then how to edit the still images together into a coherent section of footage using Lightroom.
I did this solely by watching youtube videos from photographers such as Gavin Holy (see youtube link below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM7EJZ-8HWw

These videos also pointed me in the right direction of a plug-in to aid the creation of TL footage in LR. One of these is a plug-in from a company called LRTimelapse which allows slideshows in LR to be exported at 24fps and 25fps.




I have then also taught myself how to create a basic video which not only showcases my final images but also includes accompanying time-lapse footage. To create the completed video as a whole I had to learn basic skills using a piece of software that I had little to no experience with before the project began, called 'Final Cut Pro'.

Again I turned to youtube videos to help me grasp the basics of crossfading and also trimming and extending each clip.
The area that I really struggled with was panning and zooming across my image, the video link below showed me how to use something called the 'Ken Burns effect' plug-in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h3E5itmC7Q



The Ken Burns effect allows you to simply pan and zoom across still images and also time-lapse clips, which helped add extra dynamics to my work.

Here is my final hand in...I apologise for the video quality due to having to reduce the file size for this blog.


I feel it is important to keep learning new skills and techniques within photography and also digital manipulation as this work could present me with new avenues moving forward within the creative industry.
I aim to continue working on my time-lapse photography as I feel it can be used to good effect when accompanying my photographic practise.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to InDesign...

Sketchbooking for next years FMP...